Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today's waste of energy

This is another one of those annoying events that really happened.

T: *on her computer making a church flier*
Me: *working*
T: Alexis, would you run up to the fourth floor and bring down records for me?
Me: *grits teeth and sets down work* Sure.
T: *goes back to misusing resources*

Up on the fourth floor:

Me: Hi, K! Do you have any records for me to bring down?
K: I brought them all down about 15 minutes ago - T checked them in. Is she looking for any record in particular?
Me: ...No. Thanks, though.

So, yes, I got to disrupt the flow of my work and run up and down two flights of stairs looking for records T had all but just checked in, while she devoted her morning to stuff for her church. Not cool. On the plus side, I'm getting plenty of exercise.

In other news, I'm reading Cunt by Inga Muscio and, if you're a woman and you haven't read/aren't currently planning to read it, you should put it at the top of your to-read list ASAP. And then make sure you read it on a bus, or in a like public space, to get the added bonus of disapproving and scandlized looks. It's pretty awesome.

5 コメント:

The Witty Mulatto said...

Yeah! Love your cunt!...< /enthusiastic womanism>

You should report that loser. Talk about separation of church and state...I mean, seriously. Our tax dollars are going to that.

N. Turner said...

So.... she was so absorbed in what she was doing that she forgot she already did something? Man she is a waste of resources. And if she pulls the race card, you should, too. She's being a bitch because you are white (and you can pull the Native card, too). Whoop dee doo....

However, I will have to look into that book after I finish my current book. I think I still have 200 or so pages to go.. maybe 300. Dunno, didn't count.

Love you!!!

A.N. Latshaw said...

Yeah, she drives me crazy. I've already requested an exit interview, and I will definitely have some things to say.

And, yes, read Cunt! I just finished it.

The Witty Mulatto said...

I don't think the "race card" has anything to do with this situation. Although clearly there's something I haven't heard.

You have read Inga's analogy of the cards in Blue-Eyed Devil.

Anyway. I came to link you to a site I just discovered. It's like 'Stuff White People Like' but without the comic relief. This guy hits the needle on the head with a sledgehammer in pretty much every post. It's so interesting that I even end up reading the comments.

http://stuffwhitepeopledo.blogspot.com/

I guess you'll have to cut and paste.

I hope an exit interview doesn't mean that you're quitting?

And, did you see HP last night?

A.N. Latshaw said...

Apparently, when someone complained about all the ways T fails as an employee/lead in the past, she said that they were lying about her because she's black. Then she threatened to take it to the union as racial discrimination.

And an exit interview is just me talking to my supervisor when my assignment ends. I definitely didn't quit, and actually might work a week longer than originally planned.

And take 2: I did see HP! At midnight! And it was awesome.