Tuesday, April 6, 2010

JET ゲットだぜ!

So, I changed up my blog layout. Except that's not important right now because I'M GOING BACK TO JAPAN. Yes, you read that right, I made the shortlist for JET, which means I have a post-graduation job as soon as I accept the contract. Which I will do as soon as I get the paperwork. There are about 890432 things I have to do before I go (like graduate and get an FBI criminal record check), but I made it through the interviews and life is awesome. I won't find out where my placement is until sometime after I accept the contract, but I will be letting everyone know as soon as I do.

It was kind of ridiculous when I got the email this afternoon. I flailed and got this massive adrenaline rush and may or may not have shouted "yes!" really loudly in my empty apartment. I was actually shaking a little bit when I called my family to tell them.

Anyway, the thing I was going to blog about before I got the best news of the year is that I decided to make a header with my almost non-existent graphics skills (it's a stock fashion photo, I did very little to it aside from add text), but am probably going to make a new blog sometime after graduation. Since I'll be moving on to Japan and things that aren't being an undergraduate student, a fresh start will be good. I'll be sure to properly notify everyone.

Other than that, I'm just working on my thesis and trying to get everything done in time. Graduation is 16 May - we're getting really close now.

2 コメント:

A.N. Latshaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Witty Mulatto said...

I forget what I wanted to say, other than YAY!!!