Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not my best week ever

I've been kind of sickly this week. Not full-on sick, but iffy. And yesterday I had the world's worst migraine. I ended up taking three painkillers and going to bed at 2:30. I slept till about a quarter to 5 with the blankets over my head because everything was pain, then I got up and took more ibuprofen and was mostly okay. Mostly, I've taken to just chugging herbal tea.

Speaking of tea, anyone have recommendations? I'm enjoying my fruit flavours (all I have right now other than some loose-leaf oolong and green), but variety is also awesome.

My life is still pretty boring. No news on the job front, other than Macy's letting me know that they're not hiring me. Ashalyn, I am definitely interested in getting in touch with your mom and her group to volunteer in June. Actually getting hired by someone is looking less and less likely and the Freedom School thing sounds way more interesting, anyway.

Nikki, I swear I'm going to call you soon. I've just been sort of reclusive lately.

This is a pretty lame blog post. I'm just not really doing anything worth blogging about, unless you want to hear about Pokemon Diamond (I'm about 80% through it now) or trying to work out some Tori Amos songs on the piano. I'm going to get Father Lucifer down, I'm serious.

I think I'm going to go play with the dog. And make more tea.

4 コメント:

The Witty Mulatto said...

Okay, I talked to my mom, and she said there's a lot of demand for Freedom School this year and they're pretty much fine on the organization/volunteer front. So she's gonna try and see if she can just get you signed up as a participant! The only thing is, lots of people have signed up so she's gonna get back to me and let me know how it worked out. I'll let you know when I hear.

The Witty Mulatto said...

Oh, and tea. My favorite right now is the Stash licorice. Also, Tazo makes a great Vanilla Apricot White (it sounds iffy but I swear it's good even though I don't like vanilla or chocolate in tea) and Wild Sweet Orange. Yogi is probably my favorite brand- I like their Super Antioxidant green tea. And their Egyptian licorice. And Sweet Thai Delight (don't remember what's in it but it's a desserty tea). And if you haven't yet, you should try gunpowder if you think green tastes a little acrid at times. It's much smoother, and if you get it loose-leaf it's great to watch them unfurl. Also jasmine green. I got some of that in China!
Also, Trader Joe's makes a really good pomegranate white.
And then there're the Stash chais. They have a black and a green chai.

Can you tell I'm a tea addict? Does it show?

The Witty Mulatto said...

Oh, and while we're talking about ailments and tea, I like Yogi's Lemon Honey throat relief tea. (It's tastier than Traditional Medicinals.) And actually if you have a headache I've heard straight-up black tea is better 'cause of the caffeine. Chamomile's a good all-around feel-good tea (I loathe it, but to each her own). Ginger, as you probably know, is good for the digestions. Blackberry tea (which TJ's sells) helps a little with menstrual cramps. And drink echinacea when you're about to get sick. Just chug it constantly.

And f**k Macy's. You're too good for them anyway.

A.N. Latshaw said...

Ooh, that is an awesome list of tea recommendations. I'm writing those down for next time I'm at a grocery store. I'm basically drinking nothing but tea right now, so I'm going to run out of what I have pretty fast.

And thanks for getting in touch with your mom about the Freedom School thing! I actually might have a job at the downtown Public Health clinic (they need someone for medical records and I have a good chance at getting it), but if that doesn't work out I'll just be sitting around being bored out of my skull. Actually, if it DOES work out, I'll still be bored out of my skull, but downtown and making $15 or so an hour.