Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...What.

First of all, I added a post to my media blog, bringing my total proudly up to four, and... it's gone. As in, it was deleted yesterday. And I didn't delete it. I-I don't even know. I can't imagine my account has been hacked for the express purpose of deleting a single entry in my very insignificant media blog without changes to anything else I have, so unless I've taken to sleep blogging, something Very Odd Indeed has happened.

And, before you ask, my Blogger dashboard shows that the blog was edited on 8/3, even though I didn't get on this site at all yesterday, so it's not that I'm just not seeing the entry anymore. It really is inexplicably gone.

In other news, the following is an example of what not to do if you want me to like you (courtesy of my co-worker V):

Me: *working with a file, the contents of which are spread out on the shelf tray*
V: *comes up to look for a file and stands there silently waiting for me to move*
Me: *steps out of the row and to the side*
V: *shoves my crap out of the way, scattering it everywhere*
Me: Um, I was working with that...
V: Oh, I didn't notice. *finds file and walks away*

Who taught these people how to interact with others? Seriously, what the hell?

Also, and likely related, I have hands down the best customer service skills in this department without trying very hard. I actually get scolded periodically for taking too much time with a client call. Because apparently being courteous and helpful to the people who are the sole reason our jobs exist is not allowed. One of the managers (so, you know, one of the people whose opinion actually matters), though, complimented me for the way I took a call when she was in the records room working through something with T.

I feel like it should be noted that, in seven weeks (give or take a few days), that is the first time anyone has directly complimented my work in this pit.

Thankfully, I only have 13 work days left till I'm out. The end is coming into view.

3 コメント:

The Witty Mulatto said...

You can do it! Just hold out!

Plus, I'm coming home soon and we're gonna hang.

N. Turner said...

Uhm... your media blog IS there. I just linked to it.

Anywho, three weeks and you will be safely in Salem!

A.N. Latshaw said...

No, the blog is there, but the most recent post is gone. There are only three entries, but there should be four. That's what I was talking about.