Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I started my job

Today was, in fact, my second day. I'm working at a clinic, as I said, in medical records from 8-2, then I'm working on a more specific records-centric project from 2-5. I get an hour lunch, which is both awesome and lame because it means I don't get home till almost 6 if I'm lucky enough to catch the 5:05 bus. Yesterday, I failed, today I was told that it's okay if I leave 10 minutes early, so it was all good.

Honestly? This is the most laid back work environment I've ever been in. I can wear whatever I want, as long as it's not skanky (or open-toed shoes, technically, since it's a clinic that will soon also have a needle exchange), I was explicitly told that it's okay if my lunch runs a few minutes over, no one cares, and they're letting me duck out early so I don't miss my bus home.

The work itself is mindless, but there's a ton of it so the time goes by pretty fast, and I'm getting a fair amount of exercise because I'm moving all the time. The elevator is out and a lot of my job involves walking, crouching and reaching, so I'm not just sitting at a desk all day.

Unfortunately, the people are problematic. The personalities of the three permanent people clash, they're snappish and not always very nice, and it's just kind of an unpleasant dynamic. There's also that horrible bitchy two-faced bullshit women sometimes pull - the head of the department and the woman who actually does most of the work act really sweet when they're both there, but when one is out of the room, the bitchy comments start up. It's awful. I don't like the lead, myself, she doesn't do much of anything, but tells everyone else to work more, but still. The fakey friendship thing they've got going on bothers me. It's one thing to be friendly and civil, but they're over the top with pretending to really love each other. I don't know, I feel like I'm going to get really sick of the environment really fast, but it's good money, so I'll handle it.

And... that's all I've got! I'm liking being downtown during the day, that's really nice. I'm not sitting around bored anymore!

1 コメント:

N. Turner said...

Sounds like, other than the fact that your coworkers could use some psychotherapy, you are enjoying yourself.

Hey! When you find out what that other free day is, call me. We can set up things like what you want for dinner and whatnot. *huggle*